One summer day we visited Carrabba’s Italian Grill for a girl’s lunch out. Carrabba’s is a popular Italian-themed restaurant chain throughout the United States featuring Italian-American cuisine. We made the mistake of having their Peach Sangria – D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S. We’ve been on the pursuit to master this drink ever since. They wouldn’t tell us the measures, but we gathered most of the ingredients from the menu.
It is a bright, crisp and refreshing drink and is fantastic to have in the warmer weather (cold weather works equally as well), especially when sitting outside with friends and family. After several attempts, we have mastered the drink. The sangria has Absolut APeach, Patron Citronge, White Zifandel, Cranberry and Orange Juice, Simple Syrup and is garnished with sliced fresh lemon and strawberries.
Make the Drink
Ingredients (Makes 1 large pitcher of sangria)
- 1 cup (8 oz) Absolut APeach Vodka
- 1 cup (8 oz) Patron Citronge – Extra Fine Orange Liqueur
- 1 (750 ml) Bottle White Zinfandel (we used Beringer)
- 2 cups (16 oz) Cranberry Juice (we used Simply Cranberry Cocktail) – Keep Cold
- 1 cup (8 oz) Orange Juice (we used Simply Orange) – Keep Cold
- 1 cup (8 oz) Simple Syrup (we used Keep it Simple Syrup)
- If you want it less sweet, try using ½ cup or 4 oz of the syrup.
- Garnish with Sliced Fresh Lemons and Strawberries
- We used 1 lemon and 5 large strawberries for the batch. Feel free to add more strawberries.
- Separately, slice up the lemon and strawberries and set aside.
- Mix all other ingredients together in a pitcher, except the ice.
- We typically fill the glasses with ice and add several strawberries and a slice of lemon (or 2 cut in half) and then fill with the sangria drink mixture. We add the ice separately so as not to dilute the sangria mixture if the pitcher will sit for a bit.
- You can also mix it altogether and serve.
Linens featured in this article are from Beautiful Linens™ at https://www.BeautifulLinens.com.